Photo album has been updated with photos from Simon Cavaillès
Simon Cavaillè has sent us a bunch of high-quality photos and the following species have been updated with new photos: Black Kite, Black-headed Lapwing, Spur-winged Lapwing, Whimbrel, Kittlitz’s Plover, Grey-headed Gull, Slender-billed Gull, Namaqua Dove, Abyssinian Roller, Pied Kingfisher, Little Bee-eater, Greater Blue-eared Glossy Starling, Red-cheeked Cordon-bleu. Most importantly the following new species have been added to the album: Swallow-tailed Kite, Temminck’s Courser, Diederik Cuckoo, White-faced Scops Owl, Marsh Owl & Long-tailed Nightjar.
Search / Cherchez
Recent Posts / Article récents
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Troisième partie)
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Deuxième partie)
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Première partie)
- Birding the forests of Basse-Casamance: of Cuckoos, Boubous, Bulbuls, Illadopsises & co.
- Yellow-throated Longclaw in Dakar – irregular visitor or an overlooked resident?
- Technopole – more gulls, breeding waders & more
- Virée en Casamance: Kolda et Kafountine
The defunct, twin volcanoes of Mamelles, in Dakar’s Ouakam arrondissement, with Cape Verde Shearwaters and Bottle-nosed Dolphins. The rocky coast of Dakar, forming the Cap Vert Important Bird Area, is an outstanding site for seabirds (photo: P. Robinson). Technopole and its numerous waders, herons, gulls, terns and other waterbirds (including Greater Flamingos when conditions are right) is one of the best sites for birds in the greater Dakar region, So is Iles de la Madeleine, and further afield the Saloum Delta at Palmarin (photos: B. Piot)
© The authors and Senegal Wildlife 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication without permission from this blog’s authors is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author(s) and Senegal Wildlife, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.