Peregrine Falcon on Hotel Ngor Diarama.
A Peregrine Falcon, the world’s fastest bird of prey, has for years spent the winter months on Hotel Ngor Diarama. Peregrines normally breed on and hunt from cliff faces and the architecture of Hotel Ngor Diarama obviously resembles a cliff face. I have been looking for the Peregrine for the last couple of months and now (s)he has finally returned. (S)he makes dashing flights from the hotel around the Ngor area on long broad-based pointed wings, like elegant triangles. I can only recommend everyone to pass by Hotel Ngor Diarama and enjoy the flight of this fantastic bird.
Search / Cherchez
Recent Posts / Article récents
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Troisième partie)
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Deuxième partie)
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Première partie)
- Birding the forests of Basse-Casamance: of Cuckoos, Boubous, Bulbuls, Illadopsises & co.
- Yellow-throated Longclaw in Dakar – irregular visitor or an overlooked resident?
- Technopole – more gulls, breeding waders & more
- Virée en Casamance: Kolda et Kafountine
The defunct, twin volcanoes of Mamelles, in Dakar’s Ouakam arrondissement, with Cape Verde Shearwaters and Bottle-nosed Dolphins. The rocky coast of Dakar, forming the Cap Vert Important Bird Area, is an outstanding site for seabirds (photo: P. Robinson). Technopole and its numerous waders, herons, gulls, terns and other waterbirds (including Greater Flamingos when conditions are right) is one of the best sites for birds in the greater Dakar region, So is Iles de la Madeleine, and further afield the Saloum Delta at Palmarin (photos: B. Piot)
© The authors and Senegal Wildlife 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication without permission from this blog’s authors is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author(s) and Senegal Wildlife, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.