Ageing of the Technopole Franklin’s gulls – expert view
Search / Cherchez
Recent Posts / Article récents
- Seawatching Ngor – October & November 2019
- Virée dans le delta, en images
- Seawatching Ngor – September 2019
- Wet season visitors, Popenguine & co.
- Seawatching Ngor – August 2019
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Troisième partie)
- Petite revue de la bibliographie ornithologique sénégalaise, 2016-2019 (Deuxième partie)
The defunct, twin volcanoes of Mamelles, in Dakar’s Ouakam arrondissement, with Cape Verde Shearwaters and Bottle-nosed Dolphins. The rocky coast of Dakar, forming the Cap Vert Important Bird Area, is an outstanding site for seabirds (photo: P. Robinson). Technopole and its numerous waders, herons, gulls, terns and other waterbirds (including Greater Flamingos when conditions are right) is one of the best sites for birds in the greater Dakar region, So is Iles de la Madeleine, and further afield the Saloum Delta at Palmarin (photos: B. Piot)
© The authors and Senegal Wildlife 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication without permission from this blog’s authors is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author(s) and Senegal Wildlife, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.